Quick step by step instructions for sending an email newsletter in Mailchimp:
- Each newsletter email is called a ‘Campaign’. Click on the Campaigns link at the top of the page
- Create Campaign – choose the regular ‘ol campaign
- Choose the mailing list that you would like to send the campaign to. Click the Send to entire list button
- Check your Campaign Info -> you’ll probably want to update the message subject. The rest of the info here is usually ok as is.
- Click NEXT at the top of the page
- Choose your template – (if you have created a custom template will appear in this list) -> hover over the image and click the ‘Select‘ button
- Enter the text for your the email newsletter.
- When you are finished editing your email newsletter text click the NEXT button at the top of the screen
- Click the ‘Copy Text from HTML’ to make sure all your new text is also available in plain html format
- Click the NEXT button at the top of the screen
- On the final screen, check that all the panels are green. If there are any errors the panels will be red and you must go back and fix them. Check the information to make sure everything is correct.
- We recommend sending a test email to yourself to double check that everything looks ok. Click the ‘Send a test’ link at the bottom of the page.
- Enter your email address and click the ‘Send test’ button
- check the email once it arrives in your Email Inbox (e.g. in Gmail, Outlook, etc)
- If you are happy with everything go back into Mailchimp and click on the Send Now button.
Comments are closed.